Sean has played key advisory roles in municipal and real estate matters in suburban Philadelphia for more than 12 years. A long-serving member of the U.S. Army Reserve Judge Advocate General’s Corps and the son of a police officer, Sean furthered his commitment to public service in 2015 when he was elected Sheriff of Montgomery County, the third largest county in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
He has provided counsel on real estate, zoning, permitting, environmental, financing, employment, and litigation matters to municipalities across the Philadelphia suburbs. Currently, Sean serves as solicitor to Whitemarsh Township, the Municipality of Norristown, East Norriton Township, Cheltenham Township Zoning Hearing Board, and the Boroughs of Jenkintown, Lansdale, and Morrisville. He also serves as special counsel to Upper Merion Township and the Bristol Township School District, and represents the members of Laborers Local 135 in Norristown.
Developers and other entities with real estate interests have also turned to Sean for counsel on complex zoning and land use matters in Southeastern Pennsylvania. These clients include residential homebuilders, multi-unit residential developers, and retail business owners with projects in Montgomery, Bucks, Chester and Delaware Counties. Sean’s extensive experience with zoning and land use has enabled him to help developers and municipalities collaborate successfully on major projects, including the preservation of the 140-acre Erdenheim Farms property by employing sophisticated land preservation and financing techniques.
Sean has served his country as an officer in both the active duty U.S. Army and U.S. Army Reserve for more than two decades. Now a lieutenant colonel, he began his career as a paratrooper and federal prosecutor in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps. He has served in Iraq, Kosovo, Bosnia and South Korea. He is currently assigned as the Staff Judge Advocate to the 94th Training Division in Fort Lee, Virginia. In 2016, he completed an elite program at the U.S. Army War College and earned a master’s degree in strategic studies.
Sean was appointed to the County Records Committee by Governor Wolf in 2017 and has served on the board of Montgomery County Community College since 2013.
Outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife and daughters - and his “ferocious” terrier, Seamus.
Land Use and Zoning
Real Estate Law
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Army War College, Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies
- University of South Carolina, M.P.A. (Master of Public Administration)
- Temple University School of Law, J.D.
- Villanova University, B.A., Cum Laude
- Sheriff, Montgomery County
- Appointed to County Records Committee by Governor Tom Wolf
- Trustee, Montgomery County Community College
- Board member, Hiway Theater of Jenkintown (2010-2015)
- Council president, Jenkintown Borough (2006-2008)
- Chair, Montgomery Bar Association’s Municipal Law Committee (2006)
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Member, Home Builders Association of Bucks and Montgomery Counties
- Parishioner, Immaculate Conception Catholic Church