A skilled advocate with extensive courtroom experience, Matt focuses his practice on defending individuals in criminal defense, DUI/DWI, traffic violations and related matters in courts throughout the Philadelphia metropolitan area, including southern New Jersey.
In practice for more than 10 years – including early experience at the highly regarded Defender Association of Philadelphia – he has prevailed on behalf of clients in multiple jury trials and hundreds of bench trials across Philadelphia, Montgomery, Bucks, Chester, and Delaware Counties. Described by a recent client as “passionate, intelligent, and articulate”, Matt’s approach centers on rapid action and clear communication. His diverse client base includes many first-time offenders with busy lives and careers.
Matt also handles expungements, pardons, appeals, juvenile matters, violation of probation/parole hearings, and represents clients in select business litigation. He makes near-daily appearances in area courtrooms, including magisterial, district, traffic and municipal courts, as well as Courts of Common Pleas, and maintains offices in Center City Philadelphia and Norristown.
In addition to his prior role in the major trials division at the Defender Association of Philadelphia, Matt’s background includes commercial litigation and labor and employment law for two Philadelphia area firms. He is an active member of three bar associations and a regular volunteer for Philadelphia VIP, which provides pro bono assistance to indigent clients. Matt grew up in the Philadelphia area and lives in Montgomery County with his wife and two children.
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- Temple University School of Law, J.D.
- Recipient, Outstanding Oral Advocacy Award
- President, Student Public Interest Network
- Colgate University, B.A.
- Vice Chair, Philadelphia Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section
- Member, Montgomery Bar Association’s Criminal Defense Committee
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Pro bono legal service provider, Philadelphia VIP
- Trial attorney, Defender Association of Philadelphia (2008-2013)
- Law clerk, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas (2006-2007)